[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sop Sax Vibrato and Loud Music

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jun 11 23:02:24 PDT 2005

By some strange coincidence I often played in the Stanford band for
about 8 years in the 80s and 90s (even though I never actually went to
Stanford University.)   It was a lot of fun and I learned many strange
things ;-) but I never played at any reunion party that I can recall.

When the band was really playing loud on the field I could feel the
pressure of the bass drum (just one) coming back through my sousaphone!

That was loud.

Dave Richoux