[Dixielandjazz] Sop Sax George Probert and Canal St. Blues

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 21:24:47 PDT 2005

Hi All...
George Probert came in and played our last set with us...uninvited, well, he
wasn't on the SCHEDULE to play with us, but he just dropped in...WHAT A
PLAYER!!! He NEVER needs an invitation to play with us!
If you've never heard him play "Canal St. Blues"...he plays it VERY slowly,
and milks it for everything he can...fantastic! He takes about 7 or 8
choruses, building it up all of the time! He had the crowd ON THEIR FEET by
the time he was through! Sure wish we had made a recording of THAT set!!
Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.