[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ukulele tuning for a whole set

Talegatorz at aol.com Talegatorz at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 18:49:08 PDT 2005

Yes, there is nothing worse than an out of tune uke, but keeping a uke in
tune for a whole gig is no great challenge.
Buy a quality uke, one that is strait and solid.
Use quality strings, (I like Aquila though I'm going to try the Worth
Fluorocarbon).
Inexpensive peg tuners are problematic and can loosen or be stiff. Replace
with quality pegs or get a uke set up with decent geared tuners.
Stretch and break in nylon strings properly. They will stretch out for many
days, so be patient.
Use an electronic tuner.

Gus Bloch