[Dixielandjazz] The Kenny G Effect

Henry Mason hcmsjo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:58:46 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05, David Richoux <tubaman at batnet.com> wrote:
> How about the Paul Anka Effect - he just released a CD of him singing
> punk/alt-rock/grunge songs in front of a "swinging" big band. Sort of
> like William Shatner but technically a bit better...

I heard Anka on Letterman last night.    Not sure about the tune he
did but the band sure was good.  It might make that CD worth listening
to.     Anka has pretty good roots in swing and was in fact the author
of the "Johnny Carson" show theme.   Whoever put that band together
knew what he was doing and had the right people.

Henry