[Dixielandjazz] Re Inventing Past Songs instead of Reprising them

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 21:12:20 PDT 2005

Sorry Jack:  Not to be dis respectful, of your opinion.

But Paul; Anka Swung long after most guys on this list could even spell
swing, not to mention understanding that they changed the meaning a bit, and he has
a track record of songs that he wrote for guys like Sinatra and Jones that
sold millions and swung their asses off.   Swing is a matter of interpretation
by the audience who paid to hear it.

The problem with so many of my good listmates on this list is that some of
you guys think you know swing and the stuff you think swings could not swing
from a Rope with any audience that was born after 1935.  Much less those that
were born in the fifties and sixtes while most OKOM was being burried in the
graveyard of Pizza parlors on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Swing passed many of you by years ago as it evolved into new forms of
swinging music, too bad you did not change with it and you too might have been a Paul
Anka, Tony Bennett, Harry Connick Jr.

Today's real world recognizes a lot more music as Swing than most on this
list will even tolerate.

I hold in my hands a review of Hank Ballard and the Midnighters which
proclaims that he was the Greatest act on a Blues Festival and was "SWINGING
UNBELIEVABLY" which he was with three standing ovations from a crowd of ten thousand
plus who paid $30.00 to stand and listen.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
As Bill Haesler said  the two day Time is up and another of the ten regular
members and maybe even one of the two is back from lurking..