[Dixielandjazz] Re Inventing Past Songs instead of Reprising them

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 8 20:19:56 PDT 2005

Jack Tracy at JackTracy26 at msn.com wrote:

RE: Paul Anka Is Back, 63 and Swinging
    By LORNE MANLY Published: June 8, 2005 NY Times

> Sorry, folks, but I need to beg someone's pardon: Paul Anka never has swung,
> cannot swing, and never will swing. Trust me.
>
> Jack Tracy

Ha Ha, maybe not Jack. But . . . he has made 120 albums, made a ton of money
in music and got the New York Times to recognize him and his new album which
the article writer categorizes as swinging.

Shouldn't those of us who lead, or play in bands which do indeed swing,
therefore be far more successful than Paul Anka.

Why aren't we?

Well, that's what the post was about.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone