[Dixielandjazz] East Coast OKOK festivals

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Wed Jun 8 08:51:30 PDT 2005

I don't remember who, but someone complained about the paucity of OKOM
festivals on the east coast. If you'll go to my web site (URL below) and
click on the "festivals" page, you'll find a list of some 50 or so
festivals that are all within roughly a day's drive of Albany, NY. Many
of these are more modern than OKOM, but there are a number that are
predominantly or wholly OKOM, e.g., www.njjs.org/,
www.hotsteamedjazz.com/, www.ctjazz.org/, Jazz at Chautauqua and the
biannual Ragtime Festival in Alexandria Bay. There may be others as well,
but I'm not familiar with the details of all of them; I just list them.

Any DJMLers in the vicinity of Albany may also be interested in the "Jazz
Calendar" page.

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://timesunion.com/communities/jazz