[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 30, Issue 19

Bcf111 at aol.com Bcf111 at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 08:28:17 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/8/2005 8:03:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

My  classical arranging, conducting and performing background is  probably
showing here, but I like to listen to music without hearing a half  a dozen
loud conversations at the same time. It's just personal opinion,  but I
believe that jazz festival volunteers should be setting an example  for
attendees by making as little extraneous noise as possible while bands  are
performing, rather than being the source of most of the aural  interference.

Well, you're right as to the volunteers'  responsibility to not detract from
the listeners' ability to hear the  performance. On the other hand, if there's
a dance floor, booze, and tables,  that's a PARTY, not a concert.  People
talk at a party, can't get around  it.  Get there early, sit down front, and
glare every so often at the  talkers.....

Best regards, Ben Fowlkes