[Dixielandjazz] Merimbula Jazz Festiv.

Sam Meerkin/Evelyne Perks smeerkin at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jun 7 06:48:42 PDT 2005

Hi Greg & all,
                   I'm looking forward to Merimbula's 25th annual festiv.  Over 100 bands and loads of fun with picnic, street parade, brolly weilding women in fancy dress and the whole seaside town decked out in black, red & white.  Every shop & business in town with windows decorated and everyone with big smiles.  It's a great Queen's Birthday long weekend holiday.  I'm playing in a band called "One More George", so named because George Halliday, the trombone playing leader, always gets called on for more at the end of a set.  I'm also going to another festival 2 weekends later at a town called Barham near the New South Wales/ Victorian border that draws a similar fun crowd - then into hospital for a hip replacement operation, so I'm off the list for a while.
Best wishes to all for now.
Sam Meerkin