[Dixielandjazz] Does having perfect help or hinder a jazz player?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 10:19:10 PDT 2005

Hi Listmates!

 I thought some of you might be interested in this. The UCSF has been

involved in this study (attached) to determine if there is a genetic

variable for perfect or absolute pitch. The researchers are trying to

locate subjects with perfect pitch.

I attached the following link for the study.

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/ppstudy.html#go http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/ppstudy.html

The following link is the survey for prospective subjects (go ahead

click on it).

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/ppsurvey.html

This link takes you to the first screening test ( Make sure to register

first). You can do this pre-test survey on your computer at home.

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/pptest_pre.php

This link takes you to the actual auditory test. It includes a sample

test question - response using an applet of a piano keyboard (work with

your computer + sound system).

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/pptest.php

Tell me what you think. You might want to send out these links to

others who may want to be in the study.

If the researchers call you for further tests let me know?

Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.