[Dixielandjazz] "Flick or silent milliseconds"

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Sat Jun 4 13:54:27 PDT 2005

Hello Luis,

I get these flicks due to overloading on the Internet which causes a break in the transfer. If it's a "dead" source then the transfer continues where it left off. All you have to do is zoom in on the break, mark it as accurately as possible, and then delete it.

However this won't work for "live" broadcasts, and the only solution that I can see is to increase the speed of your internet connection.

For "dead" sources, I find that recording early on Saturday or Sunday morning is best. Here in Europe, say at 08:00, it's 01:00 in USA, and 15:00 in Australia, so it's about the quietest time I can find. I use Real Player feeding directly into Audacity. The transfer rate on my ISDN connection is about 14 kb/sec.

Hope this helps a bit, and won't be too costly for you for "live" broadcasts.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith