[Dixielandjazz] MiniDisc connections

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Thu Jun 2 15:59:25 PDT 2005

Thanks Paul:
My mini disk recorder automatically goes into line mode when something is
plugged into that jack.  There is a jack for mike and one for line in.

Does the AGC work for line in mode?

 I know that there is better stuff on the market starting at about $600 and
it tends to be large.  I didn't want it for studio type recordings although
it does really well (I'm from the tape recorder hiss era)  It's the amount
of equipment that I have to carry as well as stretching cables etc.  This
seems to be a good solution.  I'm not recording this for full length CD's
but I'm not above grabbing snips for Demo CD's from it.

My biggest use is critiquing the band and it's great for recording
students.I can carry it in my pocket and listen to it driving home.  I
recorded my kids at district contest so they could do better at State.  I
have had State 1's with my flute groups 9 out of the past 10 years and this
is quite a help for that.  It's just impractical to use other recording
equipment and it's almost impossible to buy tape equipment of any quality at
all at any sort of reasonable price that is compact.  I do have a 4 track
portastudio that does a great job but it's big and heavy.  There is a
smaller portastudio now but I think I prefer the Mini Disk recorder.

My first try was really good and it was for last xmas.  I ended up sending
out a CD of xmas tunes to some friends.