[Dixielandjazz] MiniDisc connections

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Thu Jun 2 09:04:21 PDT 2005

Hello Rebecca,

My MiniDisc recorder came with only a fibre optic connector. However by plugging a normal mini-jack lead into the headphones socket, I have no problems in transferring digital recordings from the recorder to the PC via the sound card. The only slight drawback to this is that the signal level is lower than all the other sources I use, but as the signal is "clean" volume enhancing on the PC cures this.

I assume that you have eliminated the possibility that you have connected to the wrong channel on your software input mixer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bob Smith