[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Jun 1 20:29:55 PDT 2005

Well, the 32nd Jubilee is now history and it was a great one!

Beginning with a wonderful DJML Bloody Mary Party, Friday morning at 10:00
AM.  The parade was great.  I had 8 sets with the Fulton Street Jazz Band.
They all went very well & were played to packed houses.

We had some great sit ins, Bob Havens, John Allred, Russ Phillips, Tommy
Saunders, Allan Vache, Jim Galloway & Bob Draga.

I had a set on Thursday at the K Street Mall with Big Mama 'Sue, Dan
Barrett, Eddie Erickson, Jim Maihack & Allen O'Day.

The Boondockers had 2 great sets at the Pizza Tent to SRO audiences.  As
they do most every year, the Ophir Prison Band joined us on Sun night.

All in All, it was one of the best Jubilees that we have ever had.

Add the 33rd Annual Jubilee (Memorial Day weekend) to your calendar  for
next year & don't forget to plan on the DJML Bloody Mary Party on the Friday
of the Jubilee.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935