[Dixielandjazz] Not OKOM, but sorta - Big Joe's Polka Show on RFD-TV

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jul 31 13:46:00 PDT 2005

Hi all,

While recovering from a nasty flu-bug I caught in Spain or Portugal I
was doing some channel surfing and came across this show: Big Joe's
Polka Show on  RFD-TV. There is an interesting "review" at
http://www.ink19.com/issues/august2002/screenReviews/
bigJoesPolkaHour.html

While it is probably not OKOM for most of us, I could make a direct
comparison with amateur, part-time and full-time trad jazz bands in
musical skill levels, song selection, stage presence and audience
response.

  I also wondered how a similar weekly TV show featuring OKOM bands
might do!

Dave Richoux