[Dixielandjazz] Re: New Orleans Stomp (Again...)

Luís Henriques lhenriques at CriticalSoftware.com
Thu Jul 28 03:57:15 PDT 2005

Bill,

I am sorry, I forgot to provide that information: the mp3s is from
Jean Santandréa, a french (I guess...) bass player.  You can visit his
site at http://www.santandrea.sud.fr/ (careful with broken links! the
links to the downloads are at http://www.santandrea.sud.fr/wav)

Anyway, I can not find all the recordings I have from this "New Orleans
Stomp".  Here the ones I could find:

 - Mr. Jelly's Jam Band - A german band that "sings" the tune.  It was
   the first version with lyrics I heard about.

 - Chris Barber - They do not sing it.  This version is from the "Happy
   Dixieland" collection, I guess...

 - Dutch Swing College Band - Also no lyrics.  From "The Greatest Live
   Performances Vol.1"

Ok, these may not be the "classics"... which may enforce your position:
there is no lyrics for the tune.  Anyway, I would like to know from
where these lyrics came from (and, of course, _get_ these lyrics :) )

Thanks once again!

--
Luís Henriques