[Dixielandjazz] Dayton/Drayton

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Wed Jul 27 21:14:13 PDT 2005

Anton Crouch wrote:

>Hello all
>
>"Drayton" is an easy typo for a Sydneysider, like Bill Haesler, to make.
>
>Drayton is a locality in the Hunter Valley - one of Australia's premium
>winemaking regions. It's also the name of a well-regarded wine company in
>that area.
>
>I'd certainly rather be in Drayton than Dayton   :-)
>
>In vino veritas
>Anton

Mercy! Do not tell me that you are suggesting that my good mate Bill was
into the grape squeezings when he typed that note?
Heavens...no -- he would n't do that when he no doubt has a little
Scottish single malt stashed around somewhere. Then  you'd
see clean copy and superior geographic name dropping -- at least for the
first two or three drams. After that who gives a leaping wallaby!
Slainte,
Don Ingle