[Dixielandjazz] For Don Ingle -- your dad's high school yearbook on eBay

loerchen2 at aol.com loerchen2 at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 11:47:35 PDT 2005

Hi Don --

Just thought you'd be amused to see this listing on eBay.

"1923 Toledo Ohio Scott High School Yearbook Red Ingle"

Sue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4564560790&category=378&rd=1

To lift part of the text:
Famous students in this issue include sophomores Red Ingle and Frank Meese.
Ernest ?Red? Ingle was a famous musician who played with the likes of Bix Beiderbecke, Jean Goldkette, and Frankie Trumbauer, but was most remembered for the years he traveled with the Spike Jones Orchestra. Spike Jones started featuring him front-and-center right from the start and it was Ingle's outrageous stage presence that started changing the City Slickers from a cornball music act to a far more visual act. Red Ingle probably left school early, and did not graduate since he was playing professionally at a very young age, but he is listed in this annual as a sophomore. The sophomores are not pictured, and many of the group photos are not identified, so I cannot say whether or not Red?s picture actually appears in this volume. Could he perhaps be in the orchestra or other club photos? It is extremely likely that this is the only yearbook that Red Ingle's name ever appeared in. I have looked extensively through the 1924 and 1925 Toledo Scott annuals, and he is nowhere to be found.