[Dixielandjazz] Re: Verses

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Jul 23 21:45:01 PDT 2005

Collier is a *terrible* "historian", and on top of that, he's dishonest. I
wouldn't trust *anything* he says. He makes oodles of unsupported
statements/assertions, and all too often his footnotes are meaningless--he
obviously puts many of 'em in just to say he's got footnotes. His
appearance as a talking head in Burns "Jazz" is another strike against the
series...The only reason I don't throw his Armstrong, Goodman and Ellington
books away is because I paid for them; since I have better books on all
three, methinks I'll do that the next time I put my hands on that shelf...

No, don't ask me for details; those books simply aren't worth my time...

--Sheik