[Dixielandjazz] Fw: As Time Goes By

Tom Belmessieri tbelmo at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:07:57 PDT 2005

Roy,

Here are the words.  I don't have a lead sheet, however.

AS TIME GOES BY

You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is still a sign,
The fundamental things apply, as time goes by.

And when two lovers woo, they still say, “I love you”, on that you can rely.
No matter what the future brings, as time goes by.

Moonlight and love songs, never out of date.
Hearts full of passion, jealousy, and hate.
Woman needs man, and man must have his mate.
That, no one can deny.

It’s still the same old story, a fight for love and glory, a taste of do or
die.
The world will always welcome lovers, as time goes by.

-Tom B.