[Dixielandjazz] Verse for Indiana

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 21 08:22:13 PDT 2005

"Jim O'Briant" <jobriant at garlic.com> wrote (polite snip)

> Anyone have the melody and chords for the verse to Indiana?

Here are the chords Jim. Don't have the melody.

VERSE - INDIANA - 20 BARS

F-F7 / Bb / F / F7 /

Bb / Bbm / F / F /

F-F7 / Bb / F / F /

G7 / G7 / C7 / C7 /

C7 / F / G7 / C7 /

As an aside, MANY "Art Form" Dixielanders hate to play and/or listen to this
tune. Not sure why, other than the monkey see, monkey do syndrome.

Louis Armstrong started just about EVERY performance of the All Stars from
1947 onward till his passing with "Back Home Again In Indiana". I always
figure if it was good enough for him, it sure as hell is good enough for me.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone