[Dixielandjazz] "Goin' to Kansas City..."

Dick Crockett rcrockett1 at houston.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 05:46:17 PDT 2005

I'll be there Fri and Sat (7/22&23). Anybody know what's happening?

Lost email address for KC pianist, Paul Smith -- if you can give it to me I would appreciate.

Things are great in Houston. I'm working 4 days per week at a health food store/restaurant, "Sandy's Market" on West I-10 at Dairy Ashford (actually one block East of that intersection on the inbound feeder.) 11:30a.m. until 2:30p.m.Su-M-Tu-Th.

Been sitting in occasionally with the Market Square Jazz Band, a more-or-less traditional based group co-led by the Weiler twins, Jim - trumpet, Joe - tenor sax. They are about 90 -- FOR REAL!

More later -- I'm headed out for my morning walk with Ed Copeland. Ed played on the Tiny Hill band (lead trumpet) with Shotgun Carlton. He is mainly a sax player now and also gigs a lot on bass, filling his apare hours writing dance band arrangements. BTW, he just retired from Boeing having worked for some years at NASA.

Later,
Dick Crockett
Pearland, Texas
p.s. send me mail!