[Dixielandjazz] Passing Out/phrasing

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Wed Jul 20 02:03:58 PDT 2005

The absolute master of phrasing was Louis Armstrong, singing and playing.
Test: try to sing along with a Louis record and you'll find it almost
impossible.
(Spot on, I mean)
I.m.o. that's where all the "imitators" fail. Sinatra is not bad either :)
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that phrasing...
May be phrasing and swing are the same thing.

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl