[Dixielandjazz] Re: from Fred Ollison - Louis' almost first All Stars

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 19 16:15:41 PDT 2005

Dear Fred (both of you) and friends,
I have checked out the Satchmo site previously.
And again just now - at which time I subscribed to their monthly Newsletter.
Unfortunately, the site does not appear to offer instant access to say, a
particular photograph of the Louis' All Stars.
Or a facility to view a specific article.
Enthusiasts are encouraged to physically visit the premises.
The procedure for permission to obtain and publish selected items is
outlined on the site under the 'For Publishers' link.
Too involved for many of us, particularly we far-flung aliens.
I would be interested in comments from any listmate who has actually been
there, or who has used the research facilities.
Kind regards,
Bill.