[Dixielandjazz] Re: Armstrong at Town Hall The First All Stars?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 18 22:23:08 PDT 2005

Dear Steve,
Thank you for pointing out that the May 17, 1947 Louis' Town Hall picture is
also in "JAZZ, A History of America's Music by Geoffrey C. Ward & Ken Burns.
Page 340.
I started to look through this fine book, but gave up when I found the other
copies of it already mentioned.
Incidentally, Fred Spencer, in his quiet gentlemanly way, pointed out that I
had mistyped the page number for location of this photograph in Gary
Giddins's "Satchmo". It is on page 157, not page 57.
Regards,
Bill.