[Dixielandjazz] Finding band leaders in the movies

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Jul 18 14:25:22 PDT 2005

John Wolfe's great tip on the 20s music website reminded me of the
internet movie database, which I've been using a lot to look up info
about movies, old and recent (mostly old). You can go to the site, then
to the "Search the IMDb" spot at the left, scroll down "All" till you
get to "Names," then enter the name of an actor, band leader, etc., and
it will call up the list of movies that they were in. Click on the
movie of interest to you and it will give further information--no
music, just text, but it could be a handy search tool if you want to
see, e.g., some of the movies that Louis, Tommy Dorsey, etc. were in. I
have no idea how comprehensive or accurate it is, but it has worked
well for both actors and specific movies I've wanted to get info on.

Charlie

The web address:

http://us.imdb.com/