[Dixielandjazz] Re: Source for picture of Louis Armstrong's Original All Stars

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Mon Jul 18 08:15:29 PDT 2005

Dear Bill and Stan,
Where it all started (well almost) is depicted on page 37 of William P.
Gottlieb's "The Golden Age of Jazz" (Simon and Schuster, 1979) with this
caption--"At this concert in New York's Town Hall, Louis' group consisted of
Jack Teagarden, trombone; Bobby Hackett, trumpet; Peanuts Hucko, clarinet;
Bob Haggart, Bass, Sid Catlett,drums; and Dick Cary, piano." Cheers.
Fred