[Dixielandjazz] "Intelligent Risks"

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Sat Jul 16 11:51:07 PDT 2005

Marin Alsop was the principal conductor for the Colorado
Symphony Orchestra for quite some time.

Mike

--
"The trouble with most musicians today is that they are
copycats. Of

"I'm the oldest bass player standin', I got shoes as old as
you."
-Milt Hinton (1910-2000)

"I'm always making a comeback but nobody ever tells me where
I've been."
-Billie Holiday (1915-1959)

"You don't see the European classical musicians allowing the
music of
Bach, Brahms, or Beethoven to become extinct. That music has
gone on for
centuries and centuries. We have the same obligation. Why
have we become
so 'hip' that we can say,'Bebop is square,'or 'New Orleans
is square'?
This, to me, is a shame."
-Rahsaan Roland Kirk (1936-1977)

"The boppers flat their fifths, we consume ours."
-Eddie Condon (1905-1973)