[Dixielandjazz] Why Jazz Societies exist

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 10:04:40 PDT 2005

Hey guys:  I just had a brain wave or a message from beyond or whatever.

A voice came to me and explained why Jazz Societies are formed and
operated to "PRESERVE" OKOM

It is so many of those older folks have a place to go one Sunday
afternoon a month to  find out who passed away last month and did not
make the obituary column yet, and to hear the music they normally would
be sitting at home listening to on their Victrola but can't find a
place to buy a phonograph needle for it anymore.   Or now a days the
computer connection goes down.  :))

  Having a Geritol Double cocktail and going out once a month and
hearing some crusty old dudes make music that sounds just like the
scratchy old records gives them their once a month Dixie fix.    The
dancers have a healthier time of it since it gets the juices flowing
better and they can avoid going home and finding the Ex-Lax or
"Metamusical" .

Now where did I put my reading glasses, can't read the instructions on
this bottle without em, oh well if a little bit does a little good a
whole lot of it should do a whole lot of good right?  :))

I drink for medicinal purposes only, got sick last night from drinking
and drinking this morning to get over last nights sick. :))

What's this warning label say  darned fine print.  "Drinking Geritol in
excess mixed with OKOM in more than a two hour dose and dancing more
than three times can lead to Sexual side effects, and or stomach
cramps, nausea, and in rare cases death.
Especially if her husband catches you.   humm! not sure about that one,
need to get a new prescription for these glasses, what was that part
again about Sex on the Side, sounds kinky to me, but maybe that's not
what it said, need new batteries in this hearing aid too.   Sooooo
these are the Golden Years, :))

If Traditional Jazz music does not make you want to take off your
clothes and dance horizontally then it just ain't being played right no
matter what key it is in or who is playing it, especially if "Tonight
is the Night".   Now you guys and gals  that have those side effects
once a year know what I am talking about.

Hic !

No just kidding folks.

Have a great weekend and hope it's filled with music.

I'm gonna live real dangerously this weekend and go out and enjoy a
Rock Concert since I don't have a new battery for my hearing aid
anyway, maybe it will sound like OKOM to me.  :))

Tom Wiggins