[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Dorsey Stereo Film Clip + Mickey Rooney faking piano

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 16 07:39:38 PDT 2005

>From another chat list. Take a look/listen, you'll enjoy it.

Cheers,
Steve

Message: 1
  Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:50:38 -0000
  From: "marknyc5" <dcfvgb at hotmail.com>
Subject: Tommy Dorsey film clip in stereo!

Hi all,

Just finished a project I've wanted to do for years.  I took a clip of
TD playing an amazing arrangement of "Fascinatin' Rhythm" from the
film "Girl Crazy" (1943) and replaced the audio with the stereo track
from the CD (the film was of course released in mono).

I've put a RealVideo version of it up on the web - take a look:

http://users.ultinet.net/~kfo/FR.html

If you have broadband, it will stream immediately.  If you have
dial-up, you'll need to download the whole clip first - should take
about 20 minutes, but worth it.

Put on your headphones if you're at work and crank the volume up!

Mark

P.S.  No, that's not Mickey Rooney playing the piano, it's Arthur
Schutt.  But MR does a great job of mimicry.