[Dixielandjazz] politically correct?

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Fri Jul 15 05:46:14 PDT 2005

We were told by our driver (who we found a bit difficult) at Sacramento
that we should not play "Shine."  In the end, we did play it because it
is a big scat feature for Christian.  Either the audience didn't really
care about the racist overtones of the tune or they didn't understand
Christian's English.

All the best, Gary

www.sacapulses.com
www.mojobrassband.com