[Dixielandjazz] music in church

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 21:12:05 PDT 2005

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com>
 To: m - DJML <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
 Sent: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:58:15 -0700
 Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] music in church

 > to a church in Massachusetts, probably > Boston.

  MA was populated primarily by Congregationalists and non-conforming
Anglicans. No surprise at their refusing entrance to the Devil,
himself!

  Say What ? Sounds like the perfect audience for a JAZZ BAND,, WIFOUT
THE DEVIL THEY WOULD HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN BUSINESS WOULD THEY? :))

  Now, downstream in VA, where Anglicanism was more of the loyal sort,
and considerably closer to their Catholic "friends" in MD, it's equally
no surprise that the organ was welcomed with open arms!,

 Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
 Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
 North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
 www.naorc.org

  Now I shall really get into trouble and upset my more religious
friends on this list, but I believe that the Catholics were and still
are great believers of the be fruitful and go forth and multiply
doctrine so it is quite possible that it was not necessarily open arms
that welcomed them. Whoops heading back to the prayer room again. Maybe
this is where the first Jazz Mass came into fore play since Jazz had
not been officially invented yet.me thinks ?

  No doubt this post will get me more Hail Mary's than the writing on
the blackboard sentences in school days of I will not......

 Irreverent Tom Bob
 First Church of Think about it a minute!!

I couldn't help it da ole debel made me write it!  :))