[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sugar Foot Stomp (was Gennett original)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 14 18:42:03 PDT 2005

Regarding: >Wasn't it called the "Sugarfoot Stomp?"
Respectfully submitted,
Bill Gunter<

Dear Bill,
Have I misunderstood your question?
Perhaps you didn't you read the whole of my reply when I said about 'Dipper
Mouth Blues' that its other name "Sugar Foot Stomp" (which King Oliver and
His Dixie Syncopators, recorded and copyrighted in May 1926) also has three
words in the original title.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Another great tune "Sugar Foot Strut" (Louis Armstrong's Hot Five, 28
June 1928) also has three words in the title.