[Dixielandjazz] plastic?

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 17:29:11 PDT 2005

The plastic mouthpiece has been around for quite a while, at least in
Northern Maine where I was a high school band director years ago. We played the
annual Bangor Christmas Parade at night, with temps well below freezing,  even
into the single digits. The kids lips would have frozen to their  cold  brass
mouthpieces after carrying the horns while marching, then  trying to play.
Plastic mouthpieces saved the day. Of course, I don't think they  get much snow in
Tel Aviv!

Enjoy!!!
Tradjazz