[Dixielandjazz] Source for picture of Louis Armstrong's OriginalAll Stars

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed Jul 13 12:29:44 PDT 2005

The original All Star line-up included Dick Cary on piano in lieu of Earl
Hines. Their debut came on August 13, 1947 at Billy Berg's night club in Los
Angeles. The All Stars made their recording debut on October 16, 1947 and
cut 4 sides for RCA Victor:

A Song Was Born
Please Stop Playing Those Blues, Boy
Before Long
Lovely Weather We're Having

Soon after these recordings were made, Earl Hines replaced Dick Cary.

Sorry I don't have the picture you requested.

Stan
Stan Brager