[Dixielandjazz] FW: (Vince Giordano) EarthCam Webcast Contact

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 11:14:35 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/11/05 10:54:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net writes:

Vince  has ended his engagement at the venue.

I, too, received this message upon inquiring.

The last time I watched the program was last Tuesday, July 5.  It was
interesting that the camera angles had been increased to occasionally show more  of
the band (piano end) and more of the restaurant.  I don't know how much  is
behind the camera location, but last week the bar had very few patrons  as did
the tables close to the band.  It even seemed to me that Vince  didn't have as
much spunk as usually, so maybe he had already gotten some bad  news and the
old story had come home: "We ain't getting enough traffic to  pay the freight."

I really enjoyed the scene and the band is great, so it is disappointing to
see they're off the air (net).  Perhaps the problem is the summer  months
provide so many activities for people to enjoy that the pace of  trips to NYC
falls by the wayside.  Maybe in the fall things will pick  up again and Vince will
be back.  Meanwhile, if their calendar is like our  band, the summer picks up
with special concerts and private gigs.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
"...we ain't just  whistlling dixie!"