[Dixielandjazz] Playing For Free

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 09:14:52 PDT 2005

Way to go Ivor:

It is great to see another Professional Bandleader being successful on
the list,  you guys must be good to consistently get good gigs and keep
expanding your marketplace.   I would imagine that you have little or
no competition for your style of music in that market either which no
doubt allow your act to stand out well much like Jim Kash does in
Madrid.

I look forward to meeting up with you guys on one of our tours in that
part of the world, and maybe we can even get to play a date or two
together,  I understand that they love Marching Bands in Portugal, but
so far we have not been successful in getting that far over out of
Spain.   Perhaps because we are such a large group and therefore a bit
more expensive to move around than a five or six piece act.   I do know
that they Love us in Getxo, San Sebastian, Vitoria and Andorra.

Keep up the good work man,  I see why you left merry old England :))
where they love OKOM but hate to pay for it, :))  choosing rather to
spend their money on the essentials of life such as pints of warm ale
and drams of single malt (no ice), :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins