[Dixielandjazz] Infor request on Michael's pub

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Jul 10 22:59:59 PDT 2005

Lewis D. Custode, Custode at aol.com writes:

> Does anybody know the location of Michael's Pub, Manhattan.  I will be  in
> NYC tomorrow and would like to catch Woody Allen's band.  Please let me
> know
> ASAP!

Lewis,

As far as I know, Woody has been playing at the Hotel Carlyle on Monday
nights for the past few years.  Of course, when he is working out of town,
he is not there.

I was there a year or so ago.  Bring your wallet or credit card.  The cover
charge is $50 if you sit at the bar & $75 at the table.

I had a cup of tea & a sparkling water & my daughter had a glass of wine.
We sat at the bar & our tab was $150.  After I sat in &my daughter sang, the
manager tore up our credit card receipt.  But, I understand this is pretty
much unheard of.  Even the musician's wives cannot come in without paying a
cover.

Woody usually only does one set & does not talk to anyone.  He gets there 2
minutes before the set starts, puts his clarinet together & starts on time.
When he is done, he is out of there like a bullet.

If you do make it in, please give the band my regards, especially Eddie
Davis the banjo player & the piano player, can't remember her name just this
second.

--Bob Ringwald