[Dixielandjazz] Tailgait Party

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sun Jul 10 20:47:45 PDT 2005

It started, I think as a way to spend the time before football games, but it
has invaded baseball. In Milwaukee they do it before Brewers games and in
Chicago a lot of us do it before White Sox games.  You don't see this before
Cubs games because the "Shrine" they play in has no parking lots to speak
of.  You pay neighborhood businesses and residents ridiculous amounts of
cash to park at their games.  (End anti-Cubs rant)

Here's how it works: You get a bunch of people together, bring a grill or
two, something to cook on it, other people bring chips and anything else
that goes with a picnic, and you have a cookout before the game in the
parking lot.

It has nothing to do with playing trombone as far as I know.

Hal Vickery