[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Dixieland Web Sites

dave at creolejazz.com dave at creolejazz.com
Sun Jul 10 05:56:15 PDT 2005

Steve,

Ouch. Please stop playing for free. Our band recently lost its two steady
nights a week. (One night a week at two places.) We find ourselves without a
steady gig for the first time in almost six years. Now I'm finding it very
difficult to find our "next" gig as so many local groups (of various styles
of music) play for free or for very little money. When you play for free you
are announcing that the music you play is worth nothing. Furthermore, as
Mike Vax mentioned, "Bands who play for free hurt all of us who play music."
(With an emphasis on "all".)

Dave
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band