[Dixielandjazz] Drummers Needed - Please Help!

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 21:02:58 PDT 2005

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT

YOU ARE INVITED!

PLEASE pass the following information on to EVERY  SINGLE DRUMMER AND
PERCUSSIONIST you know, no matter where in the United States  they live, no matter
their skill level, age, or church they do or do not  attend!

We will be presenting a performance/ministry group version of  Drummers For
Jesus, called “Drummers For Jesus” at events in the future.  I  am very
excited to share with you the plans we have for the first of these  events. We have
been asked to perform/minister at the Christian Music Festival –  POWERFEST in
Marinette, Wisconsin on Saturday, August 13th. This is a three day  Christian
music festival with some of the top names in Christian Music from all  over
the nation.

In conjunction with the Drummers For Jesus performance  and ministry at
Powerfest, we will attempt to SET A NEW GUINNESS WORLD’S RECORD  for largest
gathering/performance of drum set drummers in the history of the  world!

We are inviting drum set drummers, no matter their walk in life,  from all
over the state and nation to bring your drum sets and be a part of this
incredible event.  A drum set (full drum kit), for purposes of the world  record,
MUST CONSIST OF AT LEAST ONE of each of the following: a bass drum, a  snare
drum, a hi-hat (2 cymbals) and a playable cymbal, such as a ride or crash.  All
other components of your drum set are welcome. PLEASE BRING A CARPET TO
STABILIZE YOUR DRUMS ON AS YOU WILL BE ON THE GROUND. (We have an indoor  alternative
in case of bad weather.)

Percussionists are invited to  participate also, but their numbers will not
count toward the world record  attempt. As percussionist numbers will not count
toward the record attempt, it  is not necessary for percussionists to
pre-register.

There is FREE  ADMISSION for registered drummers who bring their drum set to
participate in the  world record attempt.

TO REGISTER FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT, GO  TO:
http://www.Powerfest.us

Here is the schedule:

7 am:  Registration and drum set-ups begin. (It would be best for the
ministry time of  Drummers For Jesus if you could be set up before 9 am. If this is
not possible,  we will understand and ask that you set up very quietly and
discreetly and  complete your set-up NO LATER THAN 10:15 am.)

9 am to 10:15 am: “Drummers  For Jesus” will perform and minister.

10:15 am to 10:30 am: World Record  Attempt Orientation for all drummers.

10:30 am to 11 am: Guinness World  Record Attempt for the largest
gathering/performance of drum set (full-kit)  drummers.

11:30 am – 12:45 pm: “Drumming for Jesus” drum clinic by Bill  Sargent &
Louis Santiago, Jr. Their clinic will cover drum equipment,  general drumming and
most importantly worship and drumming for Jesus!

As  the new drummer for Grammy nominee Jeff Deyo, twenty-seven year old
drummer  Louis Santiago, Jr. has already had a remarkable musical career that is
the  stuff urban legends are made of. Born in New York City in 1976, Lou did not
 purchase his first drum set until he was eighteen. After more than a year of
 eight to twelve hours of daily practice, he quit playing and joined the Navy
-  intent on earning tuition money to attend the Drummer’s Collective in New
York  City. Five years later, during his last year of enlistment, Lou finally
picked  up his sticks again and, incredibly, after eight months of practicing,
won the  2001 Guitar Center Regional Drum-Off. Two years later, in 2003, he
won the over  18 division of Modern Drummer’s ”Undiscovered Drummer” contest
and then toured  with legendary trumpeter Maynard Ferguson and his Big Bop
Nouveau  Band.

Bill Sargent has been a full-time professional musician for 37  years,
playing with some of the top bands and musicians on the planet. For the  past 15
years, Bill has served in the music ministry at Brookfield Assembly of  God in
the Milwaukee area. (see BillSargent.com)

(Other clinics will be  conducted by Jeff Deyo and his bassist Jeremy McCoy)

Information on  Powerfest can be found at    PowerFest.us

YOU CAN  DOWNLOAD A FLYER CONTAINING THIS INFORMATION
SO YOU CAN HAND THEM OUT OR POST  THEM
AND HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

Go to:    http://billsargent.com/news.htm

Stay tuned to our website for details  at:

http://BillSargent.com/DrummersForJesus.htm

or call Bill  Sargent at 414-777-0100 for information.