[Dixielandjazz] Left Bank Bearcats (Paris)

Doctorjazz29 at aol.com Doctorjazz29 at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 13:19:30 PDT 2005

I recently obtained some old LP's that belonged to my late father.
One of the records was recorded in Paris by the Left Bank Bearcats
Marcel Durand, leader (and trombonist); Jacques Cas, Drums; Bernard Gaste,
piano;
Robert Eluist, Banjo; Louis Marquant , Guitar; Aron Dubois, Trumpet.

Do any of you know this band?   I am guessing the record dates  back to
the 1960's.  It is "high fidelity" no mention of stero  recording.

I am interested in knowing the approximate date this was recorded.
It is titled   "Dixieland".

Thanks
Vickye Blatherwick
Albuquerque, NM