[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 25, Issue 58

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 07:25:57 PST 2005

Bruce Stangeland wrote:
"In Europe public domain starts 50 years after
the performance."

   Ah,yes, I believe that's why JSP in UK came up
with a whole bunch of reissued albums as box sets
a year or two back. I have the Dixieland set,
1923-27, which is excellent. I was told JSP
acquired the copyrights after the old ones
expired, or bought up the masters or something.
Think there's a Bessie Smith set, lots of blues
and big band stuff ...

=====
Happy Webtrails, Grampie Bob Loomis
"So Many Tunes, So Little Time"