[Dixielandjazz] Heads up Sacramento Groups

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Thu Jan 27 23:42:46 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

Yes, I'd love for Old Sac to be the French Quarter West. It does have that
potential since I just saw the news story that Old Sac is looking to appeal
to older crowds. This endeavor would require some good leadership and
cooperation/involvement of the local jazz community. "Hey, it could
happen..."

As for the "ghost town": I believe you were there on a Tuesday night, Tom.
Indeed, downtown Sac. in general is pretty empty on a weeknight.

So, Sacramento list mates, what say ye about this?

--Nancy

From: TCASHWIGG at aol.com

> "... There is absolutely no reason why that neighborhood can't become the
French Quarter West...
> "... I played a gig in Sacramento last week and right afterwards drove down to
Old Town to see how many vacant nightclubs were sitting there begging for
somebody to open and run them.  Looks like a Ghost town down there folks..."