[Dixielandjazz] Copyrights

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 14:45:01 PST 2005

Copyright laws in US were extended to protect Mickey Mouse for Disney.
Because of those extensions, my mono to stereo business went right down the
tubes.   I waited for 20 years for my favorite recordings and songs to go
into public domain and then they changed all the rules.  In Europe public
domain starts 50 years after the performance.  Here, public domain exists on
all the good sutff until 50 years after myd death (or so it seems).  Dick B