[Dixielandjazz] interesting review of film: "MARDI GRAS: MADE INCHINA"

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Jan 25 18:28:24 PST 2005

Respectfully, Bill:
(and I do hope you are not just being a trickster here)

Jazz IS a social issue and this list has discussed all sorts of music
related social issues over the years.  Steve Barbone and others have
mentioned mardi gras beads in hundreds of  messages and where they come
from is as much a part of the total world of OKOM as anything else.

If someone made a  film was about downtrodden washboard players in
South Africa would you say the same thing?

Something that has become major part of a New Orleans music tradition
is certainly worth a few "wasted electrons." It is not a "dry" subject,
existing in a vacuum.  I did not post the rest of the review - did you
go there and read it before posting your message? It really does look
like an interesting film.

Dave Richoux