[Dixielandjazz] interesting review of film: "MARDI GRAS: MADE IN CHINA"

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Jan 25 17:24:46 PST 2005

Ever wonder who actually makes all of those cheap Mardi Gras beads?

http://www.filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=6817

here is a snip:

...takes us on an intimate tour of a bead factory in China, the largest
manufacturer of Mardi Gras beads in the world, and we get to take a
look at the other side of the booze and pill fueled good times…and yes,
it sucks. This film will also make you realize that maybe your life
really isn’t all that bad because you had to do an hour of overtime
last week. The people, mostly women, working in this factory string
beads and paint ornaments for 12 to 20 hours a day, six or seven days a
week for ten cents an hour...

I am going to be looking for this film on the Sundance Channel this
year!
Dave Richoux