[Dixielandjazz] SECONDARY SCHOOL JAZZ PROGRAMS

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 22:51:58 PST 2005

STEVE IS RIGHT HERE FOLKS,

Schools have pots of money laying around all the time for these kind of
programs, but they usually have no way of knowing where or how to contact bands
other than their immediate music teacher, and in many cases he/she only knows the
students in their class.

As they are in the music teaching business, not he live professional
performing live music business.

The special Education programs have often got a lot more money going begging
just because nobody is seeking them out to take it and offer them musical
programs.

I posted once before about a guy I know who plays the marimba whose
girlfriend runs a little program for autistic and kids with mental disorders of various
kinds and he makes about $2,000.00 a month for four or five one hour gigs to
five to ten kids a month.

Do a bit of research in your school district and find some good gigs and do
some good work at the same time.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins