[Dixielandjazz] T'ain't or Tain't or Taint. Definitely not OKOM

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 15 12:24:55 PST 2005

And Patrick, can you please provide the joke that sets up the punchline?
Sorry Dave,
No joke. Just a general comment, (usually made by me) made when someone
displays surprising ignorance. I like to keep these local sayings extant.
For instance, I often say
`Why dunt yew wimmin stop chatterin` Tis like Mells rookery in yer`
It is quite likely that the large rookery at Mells, a local village, has
been defunct for fifty years but I like to use the saying for the shock. It
never works.

Cheers

Pat