[Dixielandjazz] John R T Davies and digital

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Wed Jan 12 19:35:50 PST 2005

John R T also searched for the best  versions of recordings available,
frequently playing as many different copies of the same performance as were
possibly attainable as the initial step of the process.  The best
"restoration" is the use of pristine source material which requires
virtually no restoration work at all!  I wish I had similar opportunities.

Dick